Saturday, September 24, 2011

Today….

The new job wasn’t really hard, not easy, not thrilling but not bad either. I spent the morning cutting up cardboard boxes. Freight comes in boxes and instead of cutting them up as they go they pile them up in piles bigger then a house. I told them next time they get this many we’re putting them on free cycle for moving boxes and such. They are excellent, heavy duty boxes so great for that kind of thing. Then I also cleaned up all the hose reels and put them out on the sidewalk for free. They look like this…

0924110932a

I’m going to list these on free cycle too. They make the coolest chairs and tables. In fact I brought one home to make a snack table. One of my winter time projects coming up. I made $7.75 an hour so not a horrible wage but nothing to scream about either. Still grocery money and that’s what counts.

Then this afternoon I took a nap. A good two hour nap. It felt wonderful.

Which lead into tonight and it was family game night. We ate good dinner and then played a new (to us) game called Cadoo. We had a blast. Family game night is such a great way for 3 generations to get together and just play, argue, giggle, tease and just plain have fun.

0924111959a 0924111957a

Now tomorrow is shopping day. Just a few groceries and maybe a bit to eat. I did tell Jim I’d fix us a nice breakfast before we left if he’s want. So we’ll see.

A great day and now it’s coming to a close. I do have to tell you something about the book I’m reading, “In the Now”. It is teaching me to live in the now. Such as, you’re eating breakfast, enjoy your breakfast, see…smell…taste…enjoy and don’t think what’s ahead, what’s behind just what’s now. I’m cutting cardboard and thinking what’s next, what I have to do, what else is happening and arguing with myself because the book says only think about what’s happening now. I’m a planner, I’m a re-liver, I’m looking ahead … I’m suppose to learn to enjoy now. It’s hard. I don’t really believe all of what I’m reading but I have to tell you it’s making me thinking. ALOT!!! A great book to get the mind thinking.

Take care my friends and have a blessed and awesome Sunday.

9 comments:

Flying high in the sky.... said...

i just love your posts... they make me feel sooooo happy and i get transported to your world out there :) beautiful :) and loved the fact that you have the job, the nap time and the READING time!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! God Bless!

Empty Nester said...

Living in the now is good advice. We get so busy we tend to look ahead too much. We have family games nights when the lovelies are home and it is so much fun! Looks like y'all had a blast too!

Nanette N. said...

I'm a planner too! I've gotten a little better about the now over the last couple of years. I find that making a list of all the things floating around in your head that need to get done and the schedule you need to follow helps. I put the list in my pocket for the day and then I don't need to think about it. The thinking has been done!

Betty W said...

Your book sounds similar to mine. Mine speaks of concentrating one day at a time and to not look to far in the future....i.e. living in the now. I think it´s important and something we need to remind us of daily.

Amber said...

OH my goodness, I love those giant spools! I could think of a bunch of repurpose ideas, too bad I don't life closer!! I would be all over them! Good luck at the new job.

Michele said...

Book sounds great. Love that notion of being really present. It takes determination to not do many things ta the same time!

Love the game night idea. Do you play Scrabble?? One of my favs. have a great week!

Mrs. Bradley said...

I am like many others.... Now seems to pass me by. I need 2 get more in touch with now.

Of One Heart said...

You're awesome. You're my fairy-tale book character in motion. (Laugh if you like, but it's true.) You impress me.

Baby Sister said...

I should pay attention to the "now" more as well. I'm not good at that at all. I think there could be a happy balance of living in the now and thinking ahead for the future. Now to just find it. :)