Friday, September 23, 2011

The scale moved…Week 2, CDCC

This will also be my 2nd update on the CHRISTMAS DRESS COUNTDOWN!!!

So the scale did move, 181.4. I can handle that, with a total of 3.8lbs for the two weeks. Not quite the 4 lbs it should be but I am 2 days early but I know that on the weekends I don’t have time to do anything and tomorrow I start my new next part time job. That means I have 1 fulltime, 3 part times so a busy bee I will be, on top of my usual schedule. Never boring here and a woman’s gotta make a living to keep her family happy, fed and taken care of.

Water is never a issue except when I’m running the trails. What does anyone do when they are running? Do you carry a water bottle, wear a camel bag, what? I hate things in my hands and fussing with a fanny pack seems funky. Ideas? Thoughts? Anything? When I fast walk the trail carrying water isn’t a problem and when I walk it’s 4-5 miles and I can’t go that long without but if I’m chewing gum I can run/jog 3 miles without but at the end I know I’m dehydrated. What do you do?

My book came and I am reading but boy is it out of my realm. Teaching my brain to be quiet. Teaching me I can be important. Teaching me to quiet down and shut up. HUMMMM!!! It’s interesting and I talked to Terri yesterday and she has the whole series so when I finish this one I can get the next from her.

Calories are good minus an extra protein shake on the days I work out for 3 hours, like Tuesday and Thursday this week. I also had 3 Rolo yesterday while making Mike’s lunch. I did figure them in  and I’m still under the 1200 calories but the sugars are a bit higher because of those things.

Blogging, each week after you all post I try and get to each and every one of you and leave a comment. Most of the time I can, once in awhile blogger won’t let me but I have checked in to see how you’re doing. AWESOME is what most of you are doing, some need a bit of work but this isn’t a diet anyways, it’s a life style change and changes take time and practice and it’s a learning experience, you can do it. I have faith in every single one of you!!

Next Monday Allan is having new menus to go with our new eating habits and they are going to be so doable. LOVING IT!!! I know some of you aren’t a fan of Allan but I am. Oh he’s off the beaten path at times and those times I don’t agree there’s that little x in the corner to just close out and check on him later but most of the time he’s right and I have been following him for a year now and he has helped me not only lose some weight but learn to cook different things and eat different things, except Hummus, that stuff is gross!!

So there you have it, week two under my belt. It was a good week, the scale did move and that makes me happy. Next week is coming with a whole bunch of new and exciting challenges. Life isn’t easy but heck, if it was it would be so boring. Let’s kick this challenge in the butt and get into those outfits we so want too. I almost told Jim what I was doing this morning but changed my mind, I really want to surprise him.

Take care my friends and have an awesome weekend. It’s suppose to be 60-70* and sunny here. The perfect weather to get ready for winter. We are taking in the raft, bring the boat home and putting the camper away. It’s just the way it is up here and though I miss all of these things spring will be back and out it all will go (in 7 months or so). Blessings to you all!!!

22 comments:

gracies tough journey said...

Wow, amazing job in 2 weeks nearly 4 lbs. Good luck on Allan's menu. It sounds very healthy. I would do it, but I supplement my lunch and sometimes breakfast with my HMR shakes. So, I wouldnt be able to follow. But, I am secretly doing it too with my diet. I am going to stick to 1200 calories also. I certainly lost weight last year during the holiday. Granted it was tough, but God gave me the strength and he will again this year. Best wishes to you dear friend.

w0rld4vamps said...

Fantastic progress! And wow for so many jobs. I have a hard time keeping up with one! Super Woman!

-w0rld

Jo said...

Congrats on the loss, Julie. When do you have time to exercise...you are so busy. I take a water bottle with me on walks/runs and it is indeed bulky, but I have to have it. I would like one of those belts where you can fasten a couple on it. Have a great weekend!

Michele said...

That is a terrific loss. Impressive to stay under 1200 calories. I just can not do that. You rock.

As far as water, when I am out, I carry a little bag with me over my shoulder. Water and a granola bar in case I get light headed. This works for me. On my bike it is easy. Bike holder. Here's another thought: might try strapping a water bottle to your leg!!

Have a great weekend! michele

Empty Nester said...

Great job Julie! I've got to step on the scale Monday morning. I hope
it's moving on down!

I made the green tomato thingy---like a crumble? That one? It is DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing that recipe!

Anonymous said...

Run, are you kidding?
I do have a camel bag for hiking and it's pretty handy. I fill it with ice cold water and it keeps my back cool for awhile.
Most of the year I'm good, but I'm currently on a bender.
Hey you slapped down your goal by walking over 500 miles in 8 months.
You Rock!

Angela Pea said...

Yeah!! Happy Dance Time!

I use a camelback - a generic [ahem, affordable]brand, and I love it. Use it for hiking, biking, walking.

Give hummus another try. I love the stuff, with pita chips, or used as a spread on a turkey sandwich. I don't care for the kind that has pine nuts in it (leaves a bitter after taste); there are some with roasted peppers blended in or other veggies, too.

lv2 said...

Good job. Apples for eggs...sounds like a good trade. I'd rather take care of the apple trees than the chickens. I used to can, still have my waterbath and steam pressure canners out in the garage but its been years since i used them. Have a good weekend and don't get worn out from the extra job.

Anonymous said...

So excellent! I work hard on making my brain quiet, also. It does get loud in there!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

You don't like hummus! Oh, somehow I'll try not to judge you and I'll still be your friend. :-)

I think if I was on a desert island and could have one food it would be hummus. Garlic hummus. My mouth is watering. :-)

Here's what I hate about water while walking/running. I hate when I have to pee while doing it. So I drink before but not TOO much, then I drink a lot when I get back. Today I was walking/jogging for about an hour and by the end I REALLY had to pee and it's really hard and annoying to jog while having to pee!

Mrs. Bradley said...

Great progress.... All those jobs. I can barely keep up with 1 job. I do not know how you do it. I am excited to here about your menu plan.

Betty W said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! That´s great. I´ll have to see what my scale says tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Your loss for these two weeks is wonderful. Keep it up! Not sure on the water when you're walking but gum definately helps. That's what I do or else my mouth is as dry as cotton! LOL

Jeannette said...

Sounds great! I agree, the camelback is the best option for my husband and I. They have some that are so light and compact. Keep up the great work! I hear ya on the book reading. It is so hard for me to fit in 30 minutes of relaxation. A big issue I have is stress fat. When I am stressed out in my life I gain and when I'm not I lose without having changed my eating or workout routines. Just keep reminding yourself that you need to be taken care of or the family won't get taken care of. If you get sick they suffer. Great job and see you next week!

Kim said...

3.8 in 2 weeks is a great loss. Good job! Keep it up and you will be in that dress in no time. Hope you have a great 3rd week!!

Anonymous said...

I love hummus, but it has to be made a very specific way. I've had some nasty tasting hummus served to me a couple times. I like it rather bland actually.

I still just love that red dress, you're going to look so fab in it!

Losing it in Vegas said...

Nice job on the loss!

I do protein shakes too. Lately I have been using Isopure in the bottles...they are expensive but have no sugar. And I don't have to clean my blender either!

Here's to another good week!

"KT" said...

Phew, you are not just a busy bee, I think you're queen of them! That book sounds really interesting and those are GREAT lessons. Congrats on the loss, you are doing fantastic. :)

Unknown said...

The book sounds like one I may find helpful! Congrats on the loss & the exercising... working 3 jobs, I don't know how you do it!

*~*T2KO~PERFECT-IMPERFECTIONS*~* said...

congrats on your weight loss, sounds like your doing an amazing job..keep it up;)

Mrs. O said...

A very nice loss for 2 weeks! Congrats!

With the water, I'd say it depends on whether you have places to stop and use the bathroom. If you do, I'd say carry a camel bag. If not, maybe there's a place at the end of the trail/path where you can get some water? As long as you hydrate enough before leaving home and once you're back home, I think you'll be good!

Of One Heart said...

Don't laugh, but I danced with that cat. Cool moves, huh?!! Yay you, Missy!