Friday, September 30, 2011

Challenges…

CHRISTMAS DRESS COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE 2011 TRIPLE D5K in 100 Days

Because I’m not perfect and I do not always do what’s right and because …. well just because, my weight is up this week. 182.4 that’s up 1.4 lbs. I won’t complain because I know it’s not permanent. It will help once I’m not constipated and when I just keep doing what I know I’m suppose to.

I need this race tomorrow to be over with. I am all about that damn thing. Why I’m not sure but it’s time to just finish it so I can continue with my diet, life style changes and exercise. My ankle feels a bit better, not as painful so today I am going to go run the trail for 15 minutes and see how it does. That will decide what tomorrow will bring, running, walking or nothing. I know my ankles health is important so I’ll know this afternoon what I’ll be doing. Also thank you everyone for your advice and love. It makes making my decision easier knowing that some of you have had to skip a race or walk one when you wanted to run or even just be there when you really have wanted to do more. THANK YOU!!!

My book has been on stall this week. I only have time to read when I go to bed and this week by time I get into bed I can keep my eyes open long enough to cover up and say my prayers so I didn’t read more. Next week will be better, for one thing canning will be done and it’s dark earlier so that means we’ll be in a lot earlier. So this should mean time to relax and read a bit.

My 5K in 100 days with Brad is going excellent. I have been asking him questions and he is really great at answering them for me. I’m learning to breath and that for me is a huge thing. I still pant to much but am learning to just listen to my breathing and feeling just a bit ahead so I know when to slow down to catch my breath. It now takes about 10-15 seconds to catch my breath so I can run again, nothing like even a week ago when it would take me 30-40 seconds to begin to catch it. So I’m learning. This week on Brad’s challenge we were suppose to run without music. THAT IS HARD!!! I use the tempo of the music to help me run. I’ve done it once and will again today but for the race tomorrow it will be loud, fast and so will I, hopefully.

Exercise and water are always the easier part of my plan for getting healthy. A year or so ago I was still struggling on going out and walking 3 times a week, now I hit the gym and the trails at least 4 times a week and I am walking everywhere I can possible go. Heck I even run to my mailbox now. Water, always a minimum of a gallon but when you don’t drink anything but a glass of milk a day it’s easy.

So my intake needs to decrease a bit to lose the added 1.4 lbs and more, I need to race tomorrow and move on, I need to get back to my book, I need to keep up with my running and exercising and most of all I just need to learn to relax and enjoy life. I am such a busy person and I like it that way but I need to live more in the moment and not always be looking ahead and thinking what’s next. Learning, that’s what I’m doing.

So this is my update for the week. I always do it a day or two early because weekends are so unpredictable as to when I’ll get back. I hope you all did excellent this week and if you didn’t, a bit like me, then there’s next week to just do it better. We’re learning and living and moving and becoming the healthiest people possible. Keep up the great work guys. I’ll be by to visit each of you as often as I can. I’ve read some amazing blogs out there and you all are awesome people.

11 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Glad your ankle is feeling better. Not so much with my foot. I just walked Tucker this morning and then cleaned my nasty house before hitting the floor for strength training. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Don't be so hard on yourself girl. You're the busiest woman I know- give yourself a break once in awhile! Have fun at the race!!! Just imagine me on the side of the race path yelling out, "Go Julie! Go Julie!"

Parry Peach said...

Best wishes for success with your run tomorrow! Another goal achieved should make you feel incredibly good!

Jo said...

You're doing great with your running. I hope you get that foot straightened out soon. I had to drop out of Brad's program due to family illness. Hope I can make it another time.

Of One Heart said...

You're such a fun blogger, Julie! I love the inspiration you leave people. :)

Mrs. Bradley said...

Sorry you week wasn't perfect, But decided that I am not perfect either. :-) I pray your ankle responds well to that trail. I hope you feel more rested this week. Way to go on the 5k training. I do not think my knees could take it.

I look forward to your week coming up.

"KT" said...

You did amazing at that 5k! The pics of your family all there to cheer you on are so awesome. :) Sounds like we both know exactly what we need to do to have a great week, and we CAN and WILL do it!

Unknown said...

You'll do great in your race! You've already been doing great so the determination is there, we're rooting for ya!

Kim said...

I wouldnt stress it either you will have it off in no time. glad to see your ankle is better and keep your head up me and you will do better this week

Losing it in Vegas said...

Ummm I am perfect. Well not really but I keep telling myself that!

Denise said...

Weight fluctuates daily so don't worry about the gain this week. Sounds like you know why and this week will be better.

Momma B said...

Good luck on the race! You are doing an amazing job!! Keep up the good work!