Monday, September 26, 2011

38:18…

That is the time I ran the trail tonight, the one I run on Saturday. I didn’t run the full thing, had to walk a bit between running but all in all I think my time is fair. I want better but that’s just me, trying to improve.

I had one problem tonight though, my left calf got a cramp in it near the beginning and stayed with me the full time and by time I was 3/4 done my foot started to tingle, like it had fallen asleep. Now my shoes aren’t to tight, in fact they are just a tad to big (I can’t afford new ones right now so am using the old ones). I did stretch before starting and I did start out fairly slow and then picked up the pace. I also drank water at the beginning and Mike gave me sips along the way. He rode his bike along side me, around me and encouraged the whole way along.

So my question tonight is, anything I can do to fix this? More stretching, more warm up, more water?

I am tired, just finished up canning the rhubarb/apple sauce so it’s time for bed. My workout is tomorrow morning at 5:30 and then a day of taking mama sight seeing. Daycare at 3ish and done by 6ish.

Thanks for any help you can offer. Take care and have a blessed night sleep.

6 comments:

Flying high in the sky.... said...

lots of water should help you :) ... keep going :)

Empty Nester said...

Birdie says cramping is usually related to dehydration. So try more water and stretching. Be careful though, if it happens again or a lot- you will need to have it checked out.

Ron said...

Great job on the run

Jo said...

In addition to water, I always eat a banana before running/walking. You may be low on potassium.

Anonymous said...

If your shoes are a bit big, try wearing a second pair of socks to see if you can get a snugger fit. Not sure though!

Debsdailylife said...

Thats an awesome time!! Great job!!!