Thursday, September 15, 2011

I am soooooooooo hungry and ….

I could eat a horse. From the front to the tail I could I am so hungry. So what am I doing about it, trying my best to ignore it. If I eat now, then lunch is so far away I’d be starving them too. If I can hold out for another couple of hours it is so much better. My day starts so early and since I’m exercising tonight instead of this morning I’d rather wait until later to get my insides full but my mind is tired, my body is running on empty and I know that I am surely going to die. Just ask me, right now I am.

I’m working on grapes this morning. I was just going to de-stem them, wash them and freeze until later on but my freezer is so full of the harvest this year I can’t have room for them so am making grape jelly. I had to do some research on that this morning because I didn’t have cheese cloth and every recipe I read said strain in a cheese cloth. I hated the thought of leaving all that pulp behind so I did some more looking and found a recipe for making Oregon grape jam. It’s perfect and exactly what I wanted. I can use my food mill and have a full bodied jelly instead of a jam. YEAH!!!  I’ll share pictures in a bit.

I hope you’re day is off to a great start. I’ll be back later to bug you all. Take care and God Bless!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I wish I had all the garden and stuff to make jams and everything with :( I have a little mini garden and most of my stuff didnt grow this year :( I def. had a day from hell like you where all I wanted to do was eat but it will pass and you will be alright. Good luck and dont give in!!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Julie: the trick is to eat when you ARE hungry!. Otherwise your body will eat off of your fat reserve... Don't take offence but I remember when you started posting what your meals were.. To me you were way too strict... have u tried weight watchers? my friend did and lost a ton of weight.. it works w/your lifestyle (metaphor)... and no, you don't have to measure your food- they teach portion control.. Its pretty straight forward and is just common sense... If u crave that sweet then have it- just MODERATION. That is the key.

Empty Nester said...

How often are you eating? I have myself on a schedule: breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, supper, evening snack. I even set 6 alarms in my phone when I first started. LOL Now I just eat if I'm hungry and if that happens at meal time, I eat a meal but if it happens between- it's a little snack. HEY, when I am wanting to eat, or over eat, I pop one of those Crystal Light hard candies in my mouth. It takes 4 of them to make 25 calories and I've never needed 4 in a day.

Angela Pea said...

Ooooh - grape jam. I LOVE grape jam! Don't you compost? That's where the remains (pulp, stems, seeds) go!

Anonymous said...

I haven't eaten grape jelly in years. Too smooth, but your recipe sounds perfect, like it has a little heft ot it.
Let us know thw end results. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah--eat something! Have protein with your breakfast! Very cool about the grapes!

Of One Heart said...

I like a girl who saves every last bit of her food! Good going!