Thursday, September 29, 2011

My ankle…

It hurts. Not terrible bad but it’s bothersome. I wonder if it had anything to do with my run on Tuesday when my calf and foot had problems or was it the tennis and walking yesterday in my running shoes or is it just something all together different. It hurts to walk on it and move it around, like I said not terrible but it does hurt.

This can not be the time for this to happen. My run is Saturday, it’s for me and important I do this. I chatted with Brad and he said take today off and go for a 15 minute run tomorrow and that should set me up for Saturday but that was before my ankle started to hurt more. I just don’t know. I guess I’ll just wait and see. I’m a bit worried, upset and down but it could be nothing but over doing it this week getting ready or maybe it’s something and I should go and find out but there’s no way I can afford to do that right now so hopefully it’ll just fix itself. I haven’t taken anything yet, you know me and medicine, but I have put it up and iced it and it’s not swollen just hurts. Oh well, this too shall pass but hoping sooner then later this time.

Food is mostly on track (not perfect but tasting the things I’m canning is a must plus making meals for the store requires tasting too but just a lick here and there but I know it adds up) and exercise other then today has been spot on so here’s hoping the predicted 1.6 pounds happens.

There’s nothing else new or important to share, just down a bit I think. I hope you all are having an awesome day, a blessed day. Take care my friends.

5 comments:

Caron said...

Sure hope that ankle gets better and soon. I smiled about the tasting required. At WW we call those BLT's which are "bites, licks and tastes." Yep, we're suppose to count them. :)

Empty Nester said...

Funny---the top of my right foot is doing a very similar thing. It is aching like crazy almost like a burn. I'm about to call Birdie. Good grief. We try to get in shape and our bodies are fighting us. LOL

Hope your ankle just needed a rest!

Of One Heart said...

Julie, will it help to dip some cloth in warm water and give heat fomentation to the ankle? Along with some balm? Stay seated. It'll get better. I know you'll be okay at the race and will do it in a grand way. Trust me! I can already see pictures of you running. Is any part of the costume red? Asking because I see some in my mind! ;) ;)

Shawn said...

Elevate, ice and rest, Ibuprofen or Aleve if your tummy can tolerate.
The arch of my foot is hurting and I will not be running this weekend if it is not better, I need to rest for Oct. 9th!

If it is not better, I would advise you not to run. If you can walk without pain, then try...if not..skip the race and plan for another. Just remember, there are many races, you do not want to have an injury!
When I strained my hamstring, I tried to at least walk my race..after 2 minutes decided it was not going to happen, so I pulled out. Nothing wrong with that!

Angela Pea said...

Julie, you've had some excellent advice here - rest, elevate, compress and ibuprofen for the pain. If it is really painful by race time, then skip the race. Or walk it. Or hang out at the race and volunteer to pass out water. Forcing yourself to perform on an injury will only cause more serious injury that will take even longer to heal.

Yeah, it stinks, and I am so sorry for your pain!!