Monday, September 5, 2011

October 1st….Aitkin Fit City 5k walk or run…. and Camping…

This race I can’t do walk/run together, I either have to do the walk or run. My Hallett 5k I could do both. I am worried I won’t be able to run the full race. I am going to practice the next 20 days (the last day to sign up) and see what I can do. I really, truly want to run the full race (jogging is running too, right?) My time was 34:08 so what I’m going to do is work on Brads 5k in 100 days but I’m also going to work on beating my time. I’d like to set a time of 30 minutes and make that. Now I have been walking and this weekend I did two great walk/runs. Nothing fast though but also since we were camping it wasn’t on any terrain I had been on before. I do really have to speed it up and hope I can. I was reading a few blogs and posts about times for running a 5k and 30 minutes is slow but if I can do it, I’ll jump for joy and then work for a better time each time I run. Tips anyone?

We had a great family camping trip. It was cold and wet and windy but you know, it didn’t matter we were together and the guys got along and Jim and I had time to just connect and we needed that. I was determined to go fishing but look at Wilbur’s ears. We didn’t catch a thing though, after all that.

0904111312a 0903111735a

We went to Moose Lake , about 80 miles from home, and we thought it would be full with campers but guess what? There was no one there. We had the full 15 site camp ground to ourselves. It was awesome. We could let the dogs play, bark and enjoy. We could just be and not worry about anyone. It was quiet and peaceful.

0903111947a 0903111702a 

This is the warmest if got and the coldest, 38. Getting up at 38* is not the funnest part of camping, cold clothes, no fire, but it doesn’t take long to warm up collecting wood and fixing breakfast.

0903111756a 

When we got home today we got unpacked and got things put away and then the Wysocki’s came down for a visit and also brought me a grocery bag of green beans so while they visited I got another 10 quart bags blanched and frozen. Now this week will be more tomatoes and our corn is ready too so time for that.

Brenda and I are going to go work out tomorrow. It’s been a long time since we’ve worked out together and I’m excited to have my exercise partner back. It won’t be all the time but at least some of the times with be great.

I hope that you all have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. There’s always stuff that has to be done but getting away once in awhile is a great thing. I wish we could get out and about more often.

Take care my friends and have a blessed week.

4 comments:

"KT" said...

Wilbur's ears are all I can look at, haha. I love doggies. :) Looks like a really lovely, peaceful time!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good time camping. It's nice to be home though, right? LOL

I think it's wonderful what you're doing for the 5k. I know you'll end up doing great running for it.

Excited to be with you in the challenge. :)

Debsdailylife said...

Julie, check on the 5K again. Usually when you sign up to walk, you can only walk, because they give prizes to walkers seperately from runners. But, if you sign up to run, you can do intervals of walking and running... I sign up for most of my 5Ks as a runner, but I still have to take 1 minute breaks of walking every once in a while.
Have a blessed week!
Deb

Jo said...

I'm really liking this 5K in 100 days plan. Thanks for the suggestion!