Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The good, bad and very ugly….

So I was talking with Debbi, Allan, Suzie, Jennifer, Kim and I have come to the conclusion I can keep quiet and not share and just maybe not learn or teach anyone anything or I can spill the beans and just take the very ugly and get back to the races. The putzy races for me but still the races.

In June I hit my goal weight. I was so happy, so healthy and so ready to rule the world and show everyone that I’ve learn the way, that I can do maintenance with no troubles at all. Heck I had better then a year of dieting, of creating a new life style for myself. For teaching myself the right stuff, for the research, the support …. well for everything. But you know something, I didn’t learn it all like I had wished I had. I screwed up so bad it’s going to take me a good two-three months possible longer to lose what I gained back and then keep working on losing some more. Today I weighed in for Allan. Really it’s not a requirement to share, it’s just for ourselves and I even asked Allan if I could just skip the scale and try weighing in next week. Well that was one of the things that got me in trouble in the first place, it was ignoring or for me putting the scale away. Remember I had learned how to do this, I knew what to eat, what not to eat, how much exercise I needed to do to keep a bit slimmer. So I put on my big girl panties (2 months ago they weren’t this tight) and I stepped on the scale. Want to know what it said … well other then tilt? 187 lbs. I gained 20 lbs in 2 months, do you know how long it took me to lose those 20 lbs? WOW, maintenance is not for me, at least not for a very long time of more learning.

I could do the woe is me, how stupid could of I been. I could just skip this whole diet and exercise thing and go back to eating what I really like. FOOD!!! But you know what I liked better, at least most of the time. Fitting into size 14 clothes, shopping in the normal lady isles. I loved the looks Jim would give me. I loved the hugs daddy gave me and said just how nice I was looking. I loved feeling great. I even love reading labels and comparing stuff. The journaling, not so much but I know I need it so back I go. I never said I was perfect though for a short time I though just maybe I could do maintenance perfectly.

It’s a new day, a new week, a new way of life. A new way to look at life and learn again how to be happy, healthy and taking care of myself. We can do this, the ones that are new or the ones that followed me from my old blog it’s amazing the support, the love, the encouragement, the tips, words of advice, the kick in the pants and so much more that we all have together. We can conquer the world together, one day at a time, one meal at a time, one moment at a time.

Today’s a new day, let’s do the best that we can to make us the healthiest people we can be. I know I’m going to give it my best shot.

Take care my friends and do have an awesome and blessed day. We have so much to be thankful for.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh... :( Back on track then? They say maintenance is harder than anything, I wouldn't know because I'm nowhere near it - but still. Sorry about the gain. 2 months, huh? Uggh, *hugs!

Caron said...

Maintenance is hard. You keep doing what you did to lose the weight and it is endless. Sometimes it's easier than others but a few days off can undo weeks of work. I'll never understand how I can gain 5 pounds in a long weekend but it will take me a month to take it off again. :(

Empty Nester said...

Yes, it IS a new day! You got those 20 off before, you can do it again! And learn a lesson too! Those are the lessons that will stick with us! At least you didn't gain back 83 pounds and then some like I did. But those will come back off too. Let's do this!!!

Jo said...

Maintenance IS tough, indeed. I am still trying to figure it out. It's so easy to gain 5 or 10 lbs by easing up just a bit on the food. Nip it in the bud, Julie, before it gets away from you. You have come too far to turn back. Get back on the food and exercise plan you were on when you were losing, and get that downward trend started again. You can do it, girl!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It came off once, it can come off again. Eat like you will during maintence, just a tweak less.

I've been reading that book that Mir suggested about eliminating wheat and I am really buying into it. It makes SENSE. We've been talking about it as a family and are going to slowly try to reduce and/or eliminate it. I'm not throwing anything away in the cupboards but I'm confident that my cupboards will be a LOT less wheaty in a month or so. The more I do research and learn about it, the more I am convinced. It MIGHT make things easier, who knows.

"KT" said...

This is so inspiring. Just getting right back to it and kicking butt again, that is incredible. We definitely CAN do this! :)

Kim said...

You can do it!!!! You can do bout anything, your motivation is awesome to behold! If there was nothing else to learn life would be so boring...

Of One Heart said...

Gah! I didn't know that but you know why? Because it doesn't show. Julie, here's a bear hug. I'm impressed with your will-power.