Sunday, July 15, 2012

SSSDC Week 6 and next week…

meatless-monday-cooking

So did I die without meat this week? Not one little bit. We didn’t have any but since I wasn’t going to be having it, it wasn’t a big deal at all. So this week was a success going without. Now I do know I could of eaten much better with more salads and fresh veggies but I didn’t and I can really tell today. No I didn’t stand on the scale, my ring is not loose like it was and neither are my pants. So I’ve got to get back to eating right and tracking. I’ve been horrible at doing both of those so on my to do list this week is track and eat right. There’s no way I’ll be less at the beginning of the school year if I don’t.

So this week I will be having lots of these…

tomato_plants-631 carrots

marcus-meatless-monday

And not so much this….even in the light/less sugar stuff….

600-03738567 intro

And get ready myfitnesspal, I’m back to being a pest and tracking. First thing tomorrow morning that is….because today, well Jim took me out for breakfast, my mama made me a malt and while cleaning out the freezer….I found a tube of girl scout cookies that I shared with daddy while he was here. So tomorrow is my day and it’s also going to be a fasting day, gotta clean out all this junk first.

Now for the challenge this week it’s to plan and enter and be part of a 5K race. The only one coming up in our area is a 1/4 marathon that is called Run to the Dump. It’s a run, not a walk and it’s 6 1/4 miles starting time is 8 am and awards are 9:40 so that doesn’t leave time for any walking really. So I can’t sign up for this one because as much as I want to run, well I have come to the conclussion it isn’t going to happen. Not a full run anyways, I can keep doing what I’m doing, run/walking/jogging/trotting, but I’m not going to be able to just plain run. My leg swells up (Jim says it really looks weird from the back, like I have a muskmelon by my knee and the pain, well it’s not worth it. So this race isn’t for me. And right now we don’t have our October one planned yet. I’ll have to do some more research and see what I can find. Maybe I’ll have to offer to host another virtual run. Is anyone interested in something like that? We’d have sign up, bibs, pictures and goals to make and a prize at the end. What do you think? I’ll work on this one Rochelle, if it’s okay with you.

So this week is for me just to get my butt back on track. Busy as I am I know that I can and will find time to do some exercising and walking. I miss the gym but that’s not possible so that means just getting on the floor and doing what I know I can do and knowing that I can get back to where I’m suppose to be.

So good luck my friends, here’s to a successful week 7, our 1/2 point. Our time to do this right. I have 33 days until I go and pick up Mike at the airport in the cities, I want to be feeling good, looking better then when I saw him and ready to keep up with some of the things we are planning while he’s home.

Take care my friends, have a blessed evening!

8 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

Julie, I would do a virtual race!!

The Kaizen Project said...

You know I would join you in a virtual 5K :D
Kudos to you for going meat free, just the idea of cutting out my chicken has me freaking out! LOL.
I am glad to hear you are getting back into the swing of things Julie, sending lots of good mojo your way.

No package yet, spoke to the post office, if you sent it sea mail it could take up to 3 months. I have patience, it will totally make my day when it arrives with all this anticipation!

Jo said...

I will try to join in a virtual run/walk. I will come in last. ;-)

Nicole said...

Sounds fun I would be up for it!! Keep me posted

Rochelle said...

Julie - I love the idea of a virtual run! That would be great! I think many people can;t commit to the 5K race for various reasons - even I can't sign up for the one here in town just yet - so that will be a super alternative. I really like the idea!
Getting back to tracking will help you tremendously. Tracking, along with counting those stinking calories, are what I credit for my weight loss this time around. It's never been this "easy" for me to lose weight consistently, so I have to say that it works - and keeps you in line with knowing EXACTLY what you are eating.
I wish you the best of luck - I know you will be refocusing your energy this week! Good for you! Let's finish this challenge strong!

Empty Nester said...

You know what would be great? If we all had enough money to travel around to each other's towns and run in each other's 5ks! Wouldn't that be fantastic?! I'm not running full out anymore either. And I miss it but I'm not willing to suffer injury and not be able to do anything at all. Get back on that horse girl- you can do it!

Betty W said...

I love Pam's idea. What I would give to do a 5 k with you all!
Good luck this week and thanks for your supporting comments!

Michele said...

I always wanted to run, too, but I know that it is not in the cards for me. I have aging knees who for too long had to support my overweight body. That is why I bike. It is easier on your body, plus, it is fun. Maybe you could be a super fast walker, instead of a runner??

Yes, to the veggies and fruits for you for this week. I bet you will have some of your own real soon, too. I find it helpful if I make up some each morning so I can go to the fridge. Open the door. And there are my choices. Easy. Peasy.

Enjoy week 7!