Friday, July 6, 2012

Recipe challenge….

Week 2 of Me and You Getting Fit at Home recipe challenge is to Grill Fruit. My first thought were YUCK!!! Hot fruit, it sounds horrible but I am always game for a challenge and fruit is one of my most favorite foods and it’s summer time and that grill is just sitting out there waiting for me to light it up again this week so I have found three recipes I’m going to try. Cinnamon Apples, Grilled Brown Sugar Bananas and Honey Basted Nectarines. I’ll tell you how each one turns out and also if they end up being kid friendly or not. I’d love to take pictures to but won’t promise that.
Deanna, I’m sorry my 1st comment said YUCK!!! because I just was ignorant and didn’t look into it first. I think this is an excellent idea and I’ll give each of these a try and hopefully add a new food to my like list.
Now because this is something I have never done I had to do some research on it. I found the most awesome site that teaches everything there is to know about grilling fruit and it’s easy to understand, right up my alley. Want to check it out, just in case you’re new to grilling fruit…. click here and check it out.
Shopping day is Sunday so I’ll get what I need and get to grilling. Maybe I can find a steak to add too. Oh I wonder how venison steak grills up, never done that before. Maybe need to talk to my daddy.
I will be spending tomorrow at my parents moving stuff in the basement so that I can bleach and dry another room or two. I am hoping to get my daddy’s gun room done and the bathroom. That will just leave under the stairs and the furnace room (which I think will be fine without to much work but need to move things to find out for sure).
Have a blessed weekend my friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am new to grilling fruit too, but excited to try. However, I am not new to grilling venison. Yummmmm
Marinate it in your favorite marinade. And grill slowly. I love venison.?..I just remembered rubs are great too:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Pea said...

Mmmmm...grilled peaches and grilled pineapple. FAVORITES!!

You're making quick work of the drying and bleaching! Has it stopped raining there? We had a surprise storm today, and are so very grateful for the rain. It made me think of the disparity of a thousand miles or so. You folks are up to your eyeballs in water, and we're praying for more down here.

You have a wonderful day tomorrow, too.