Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weather….

In the past 4 days we have gone from 65* to 15* and back to 50*. You know that that looks like? I’ll show you…

 0413120636a 0413120636b

Friday started out with the sun coming up in the east and it raining in the west. We got about an 1” of rain.
0414120929a 100_8955

Saturday was beautiful. We had sunshine, blue skies and a day of working with Mike.

0416121830a

Sunday it rained and rained and rained.

0416120632a    

Monday I woke up to this. It was cold and snowed for a good part of the morning. When I parked the bus there were icicles hanging from it.

0417120635b0412121736a

Today the sun is shining and it’s almost 50* again. The trees are starting to bud out and I can even see teeny tiny lilac buds on my bush. And Teddy, great grandma’s cat, was loving the sunshine.

That’s Minnesota for you. You can start the morning out in your winter gear and the heat on, by lunch time you are in shorts and thinking hard about the A/C, at 3:00 the A/C is on, by 5:00 you are thinking it’s time for pants and by bed time the A/C is back off and the heat is near clicking on. Repeat most of April and part of May. But you know I wouldn’t want to live anywhere's else (unless Jim said mountains then I’d move).

Hope you’re having a great week. Mine is full of emotional up and downs but we are slowly getting Mike packed and ready. 3.5 days left until he’s on his way to Wyoming. I’m telling you, Wyoming, you had better be good to my son OR ELSE!!!

Walking/jogging getting done. We are 1/3 the way through the year and I am a little over 1/3 my way to my goal for 2012. Not bad, not bad at all.

Take care my friends and have a blessed afternoon.

P.S. Gotta share this with you too…..

What happens when you leave a white bottomed kitty in the coal shed for the night? This!

100_9255 100_9254

9 comments:

Fatoutofskinny said...

I hate this time of year...it's neither one thing or another!!
I've sent two off to college....it's hard but you have to let them go. Skype is a wonderful thing.....it's just like you're there with them. Keep your chin up

The Kaizen Project said...

WOW, you weather is really all over the place there isnt it?! We get 2 choices here ion the tropics hot or hot and sticky, not so nice.
The picture of Teddy the cat made me laugh, how he is all laid back and chillin'.

Betty W said...

And I thought OUR weather was crazy. You sure beat me on that. :)
Hope you keep warm!

Shawn said...

LOL!!! Sounds like Colorado weather!!

You are starting on a new chapter of your life...embrace it...LIFE IS GOOD!!

Blessings dear friend,
Shawn

Karen Butler Ogle said...

It is like that here too, Julie. We use the heat at night and the air during the day. It makes my head spin. Slowly, the cold is going though. Pretty soon it will be so hot I'll be wishing for snow.

I hope you had a great day today. I will keep you and Mike in my thoughts. :)

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

You are on target with your movement goals, sounds like. :D

Girl, I wish we were in the 50 to 60...well, okay, just the 60. :D 50 is too chilly for the Mir.

Enjoy the freshness. I hate summer. But summer there is probaly a lot more tolerable than summer in Miami (humid, blazing, mosquitoes, hurricanes, oh, lawdy lawdy).

Hugs,

Flying high in the sky.... said...

:) Julie... you always..always put a smile on my face :)..loveddddddddddddd the post... i hope you are enjoying nature's gift to you ...imagine these variations wow!!! take care buddy :) God Bless

Debsdailylife said...

THinking about you today!!!

Unknown said...

LOL, poor kitty. This Minnesota weather certainly had been stranger than normal but the natives really aren't shocked by it cause it's always up & down. Today is a beauty though, wish I wasn't working so I could be out there to enjoy it!