Saturday, April 14, 2012

It was wonderful!!!

It was a wonderful turn out last night for Mike’s going away/good luck dinner. Really it was awesome. 15 people were there and the only missing was one of our best friends and they’ll be stopping by to see Mike next week. The food was excellent, the company was better and the feelings were the greatest. I took some phone pictures to share with you this morning and Kim took some with her camera that I’ll post when she sends them to me. I just had to share this morning. I got teary eyed only once but it was contagious with one of my long time daycare mamas and Mike’s first daycare baby and that was a bit hard but it also showed me I am not alone in Mike heading off. They too will miss him lots.

So here’s my pictures and more to come later on.

 0413121912a

0413121911b 0413121911a

0413121909a  2012-04-13_19-13-33_69

Thank you my friends for making Mike feel so special and knowing that he will be missed but that we all are so very proud of him!

Blessing to you all. Have a great and awesome weekend.

5 comments:

Betty W said...

Sounds like a great going away party! I'm so glad you all had a good time.I'm sure he will remember it fondly when he's in school.

Maren said...

This looks like a fantastic gathering. Mike seems to be such a great guy, so he deserves this kind of attention. :)

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm glad you all had a celebration of Mike's coming adventure into the college world. I know he will do well and it is wonderful that your marked the occasion with a get-together. I know it will be hard for you to let him go, even for a short time but all us mom's eventually have to do it and I know you will be fine and handle it with grace and love. Hugs. :)

Empty Nester said...

Looks like a fabulous time for everyone! I can't believe how quickly the time has passed from when you shared that he was going until now! Wow! And that's just how fast his time away will go for you! Speedy quick! I know you are so proud of him! Give him a hug from me and tell him no matter what, just be true to himself! Hugs!

Unknown said...

So fun, it's always nice to have such supportive friends:-)