This is stupid and I feel stupid and it’s something I can do something about. I am doing this life style change for me and when I’m on pause it’s only hurting me or at least not helping me and I decided last year that it was me time, time to take care of me, become the me I wanted so it is now time to stop being stupid and get moving. Today I stopped by Jillian's blog and she had the coolest list of “why do I do this” and after reading that and the comments you guys gave me yesterday I have came to the conclusion I need a list too. I need a list of why I do this for me. So I’m going to work on that list. I don’t know if I can come up with 50 reasons like Jillian did but I know I can come up with 25 strong reasons. So if you’ll be patient with me, like you always are, I will give you a list of why. No more woe is me, no more funk, no more slacking, it’s time to kick butt. I don’t have that far to go, this taking 6 months to finish what I started 18 months ago is what’s dragging me down. I want to be at my goal weight, I want to be at my size 12, I want to be the new me on December 31st and see the new year in feelings like I’m the most awesomest person I can be.
So my list of why I am doing this, why I’m losing this ugly unhealthy fat!!
- Because I’m worth it.
- Because I want to live to be 101 and still be able to run circles around my children and keep up with my grandchildren (someday Mike, no hurry).
- To never have to take BP meds, diabetes meds, heart meds, cholesterol meds or anything else that would have to do with being overweight.
- To never be ashamed that I could go and do with the scouts because I didn’t meet the guidelines.
- To wear a bathing suit and not feel like a beached whale.
- To wear a t-shirt that fits the front and back without all the rolls showing.
- To become the mother of the groom one day and wear a gown not made by Omar the tent maker.
- To be able to always wipe what needs to be wiped from all angles.
- To look in the mirror naked and not feel discussed.
- To have sex with Jim with the lights on, the drapes opened and enjoy my body as much as he enjoys me.
- To be able to walk as fast as Jim and Mike and not pant to keep up.
- To sit up in bed without having rolling out of bed.
- To sit on the side of the bed and see boobs, not tummy fat.
- To tie my shoes bending over, not off to the side because I can’t breath.
- To go cross country skiing in my ugly red snowsuit and not feel like frosty the snowman.
- To wear those running clothes that are a bit tighter so that I am not always grabbing the neck line and pulling it down or rearranging the sleeves of my oversize t-shirts.
- To run….I love this and want to keep it up and to do it for not only exercise but for fun.
- To be able to wear my wedding ring, broken and all, without it pinching my finger.
- To just feel pretty even when it’s that time of the month, or at least not feel like I was hit with the ugly stick or drug through a knot hole backwards.
- To dance and not feel like someone is swinging a hot air balloon around.
- To just not feel so self conscious out in public.
- To join in at church projects, library projects and other things without being afraid I’ll not “fit”.
- Just plain have more confidence.
- Just plain love myself because I’m worth it.
- Because I deserve it!!!
Do you feel like me? Maybe a list will help you see what’s going on and why it going on. I needed this, thanks Jillian. Thanks everyone for seeing what I didn’t, I couldn’t, I wasn’t. Now to print out my list and posted it by the peanut butter, by the candy dish, by the bathroom mirror, by my bed so I can remember just why I’m getting up at 4:15 to go exercise, why I’m not using the DQ coupons, why the chicken skin goes to the dogs, not into my mouth, why I’m spending a few extra dollars on healthy foods instead of a few extra groceries for other meals and why I’m just doing this for me. Now to just remember, to not get so down about something that really is so very important.
It’s onward and downwards (for the scale that is), upwards for me. I hope you’re all have a blessed and awesome day. I have a wee one that has been patient while I wrote this and now it’s time to head outside and play a bit. During nap time I have some work outside to do, like that wood pile and also tarping a few things and spreading the hay on the septic. No wind so a great afternoon to get that stuff at least started. Take care my friends,