Thursday, November 17, 2011

Exercise…and…

I haven’t heard from the doctor so I’m going to go with no news is good news and I’m going to head back to the gym. I’ll finish this week just with swimming and light exercise and next Monday I’ll get back into the swing of things. But I’m going to look at this diet and exercise just a wee bit differently. Since I have sort of hit a wall of just maintaining I’m going to go with that. Yes I’m not exactly at my desired weight but just maybe my body is and my minds just hasn’t adjusted yet. Now it doesn’t mean I’m going to just go back to anything I use to be doing, no it just means I’m not going to focus solely on losing weight. I am going to concentrate on toning up my body and if I lose more weight along the way, GREAT, if not then I’ll just have a little bit heavier body but a much more toned and shapely one. I am going to measure me this weekend and see what I can do about the lumps and bumps. I want to thank you all for helping me see just what I couldn’t.

So what is a great figure to have? I know it’s not exactly what I have here though my waist at one time was way over 40” and it’s now a few inches under that. I know a 44C was a pretty big bra to buy and now a 38B is pretty awesome and size 18/20 jeans were way to tight and now I just ordered my first pair of 12’s. I use to wear a size 8 wide shoe and now a 7.5 regular fits nice and not pinching. So I’m on my way to the most healthiest body for me.

When I do my update for the challenge I’m not going to focus on the scale I’m going to start a new number, it’ll be a total inch total that I’ll update each week and I know for the first couple of weeks there won’t be a change but maybe once I get back into things the inches can start to melt away. I’ll keep posting my weight because of the CDCC but when that is over there will be just one number and I’ll go to once a month. This may sort of not be part of the weight loss forum but I hope you guys will still hang with me and keep teaching me and helping me because if it wasn’t for you I’d still be in my funk and not seeing things that you’ve pointed out.

So that’s that, now a question:

I was wondering, would anyone be interested in a secret Santa exchange? I’ll host one if you guys would like it. I hosted a Garden Swap a couple springs ago and it was a success and everyone had a great time and got some really cool garden items. A Christmas one could be anything you’d like with a set price for the gift. You could tell me if you want to ship just in your area or overseas or what and I’ll match everyone up. What do you think? Tell me by Sunday and we’ll set a date to sign up and a date to end and ship so that your gift would get to where it’s going before Christmas. If you want you can ask your followers if they’d like to do this and send them here. So tell me by Sunday if you’re interested in something like this and we’ll go from there.

So it’s close to bed time. I hope you all sleep well. Don’t forget to end your day with a thank you prayer to our good Lord for all the blessings he’s given us. Even on our worse days there’s still some one worse off then we are and they also deserve a prayer for support and love and guidance. Take care my friend. Blessings!!

7 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Maintaining will be good too. I wish I could offer more advice, but I'm no expert. Just keep following your intuition and do what you feel you should for your body.

Crumpled Moments said...

I think a plan of just maintaining weight this time of year is a good plan!

Karen and Gerard said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Glad you are being realistic about it over the holidays. I think keeping track of lost inches is definitely a good thing, that's really what is more of a reflection of how you look.

Stopping by from Bloggers Over 40.

Mary T said...

Congrats on getting to this point! Keeping track of inches lost is so much better than looking at that dreaded scale. ;) I have a hate-hate relationship with it myself and breaking up with that nasty scale would is quite sensible. :)

Betty W said...

Size 12!? That´s a dream. I would be so happy with that and I think you´ve made a very wise decision to focus on toning your body. It will help you to maintain and maybe you´ll surprise yourself and even lose some more.
I would love to do the Christmas swap, but unfortunately our postal rates went up 100% last month. That´s just too much for me to ship overseas.

Debsdailylife said...

12!?!? Oh Juie dear!! I cant wait til I get to that number!! Maintaining .... a whole new phase of life!!! Id love to do a Christmas swap. Keep me posted.

Wise Women's Journey said...

You are doing a great job Julie! But I want you to do another thing...quit being so hard on yourself! Especially during the holidays as most everyone is saying as well. Maintain and do your best one day at a time. Living here in MN makes it even harder...hibernation mode is hard to fight. Hugs and I'll call you soon.