Monday, November 21, 2011

No daycare so fall cleaning … a bit late …

My one and only full time little one is home this week with her daddy and mommy on vacation. I think it’s terrific any time a family can be together so no ill feelings or anything. It does make for a very, very poor week but it is what it is so I’m going to get some things done that I’ve been putting off for a long time and staying home where I can’t spend anything I don’t have.

Like shampooing my rugs. Which in a tiny house still is a huge chore because where do you put the furniture while you are shampooing one room? Where do you put all the daycare toys? Dog toys, extra blankets and all? Well all over the rest of the house and porch of course. At the same time I’m going to wash all the extra blankets, drapes, windows and dust where I normally don’t dust (which really is almost everywhere because dusting is NOT my forte. I wish I could change my living room around some but that isn’t possible but I do have a shadow box I think I’ll change a bit just to freshen up that area. I’m not much for knick knacks because you have to do what? dust them and I’m not doing that much.

I also cleaned out Mike’s suburban. It is in the need of some major medical help and since Mike works 10 hours a day and then has an hour travel time he won’t be getting to it until this weekend so he’s driving his car instead but his suburban looked like a 10 year old bedroom, gross really so since I’m off and he’s working I cleaned it out. It’s a good thing it’s cold outside because if it wasn’t I don’t think I’d of touched that ham and cheese sandwich I found, or the frozen grapes, or the string cheese and chips. Boys, my oh my.

Now I am off tomorrow too. It’s just so strange not having anyone here but me. Like today I’m going to go and exercise for a couple of hours at 5:30 and then I’ll come home and do the chores. I told mama I’d stop over and see how she’s doing on her Christmas blouse she’s making and then I’ll come home and start planning out the kids pillow cases for Christmas. I am betting I’ll also find other stuff that I haven’t done in awhile like that corner cupboard that has so much stuff in it you risk our life and limb to open it. The filing I haven’t done for last month and the scouts account information and more.

So it’s onward and upwards to one of our most blessed Holidays. Thanksgiving. There is just so much for all of us to be thankful for. Oh yes we all have heartache and troubles and money issues and family troubles, car problems, heating issues but we have so much more to be thankful for. We are alive and that there is one of the biggest blessings and from there life can only get better.

Take care my friends and have a great night sleep and a terrific day tomorrow. Blessings!!!

6 comments:

Caron said...

I'm not much for dusting either. :) Also, from time to time I'll tackle my daughter's car and clean it out. She merrily tosses anything she doesn't want/need at the moment into the back of the car. She says that is her trash can. I haven't found any food yet but lots and lots of water bottles and other beverage bottles. Happy Thanksgiving.

Maren said...

Sounds like you have had your cleaning hands full :) Good job. :)

We only live in a small apartment, and that's fairly easy to keep tidy.. That's not to say that it IS tidy all the time though. ;)

Unknown said...

I have the rest of the week off too, and live in a small house, and have a suburban.

We are living a parallel life.

We moved into this small house from a large farmhouse.

It is so much harder to keep a small house clean. There is no place to put stuff.

Oh well.

Have fun cleaning, enjoy your time off, and most of all have a blessed Thanksgiving!

The Ninja said...

I don't have the week off, but I do have nothing to do all day Thursday, except make some sweet potatoes for dinner. It's gonna be nice to sleep in, crochet and snuggle with my babies.
Hope you didn't catch the plague from the suburban, my car has been that bad before, but let's not speak of that...

Baby Sister said...

Enjoy your time off. :) You're a good mom, cleaning out your son's car like that. Sounds like an adventure...

Of One Heart said...

String cheese out of the car still has my mind stuck in that direction. :/ Good Mommy, I agree. Say hi to your Mama and Daddy and Grandma. :)