Thursday, April 11, 2013

We want to lose weight….

So come hell or high water, or at least 12” of snow we are out there moving our butts. I had to share this with you today. Spring, we aren’t having that right now. This is what we have instead….When we started our walk at 9:05 there wasn’t a lick of snow, 5 minutes into our walk it was just starting, 15 minutes into it the snow was coming down so hard it was hard to see and the wind, wow. 38 minutes later and just about 3 miles we were back at Kim’s house. Frozen and very wet. I stayed at Kim’s since my school was going to have an early out and by time it was time to go to the bus we had at least 9” and the end of the snow storm 12”.

 IMAG0064 0411130934a 

  0411130938a0411130946a

0411131145a

This is a view from the bus. My school got out at 12:45 and it was still snowing and not an easy drive. Got home safely and the snow was done and the roads starting to get cleared. It will be icy tomorrow for the commute but am hoping it all clears up before I head to North Dakota and Mike.

I know I wasn’t going to post since I’m suppose to be packing and getting ready but I had to share our “spring” day with you.

Blessings my friends!!!

10 comments:

Caron said...

Oh my goodness! Spring has not settled into your neck of the woods for sure! That's just awful. I prefer to deal with the insane heat instead of that. :)

WWSuzi said...

Julie it wasn't snow here today but freezing rain!! Ugh I want spring :)
Way to go on getting out there and how cute do you guys look!

Debsdailylife said...

WHOA!!!!! Thats some snow!!!! So glad its melting and maybe it will much better when you leave!!!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

No snow for me, thanks. Keep it up there if you don't mind. Spring is finally here. It was dreary today though and now it is thunderstorming. We need the rain but I missed the sun today.

Unknown said...

Your dedication to daily walking is extreme. Extremely admirable;)

Unknown said...

I hope your commute this morning was safe. Our snow was not all melted my dinner time, like I had hoped, but we did not get quite as much as you guys. This has been a VERY long winter, but spring will come...?

Kim said...

Well, that was an adventure I'd just as soon not repeat!!! lol. We can laugh about it in August when it is too hot to walk...grrrr...but thank you for making me get my butt moving...

Betty W said...

You guys are C.R.A.Z.Y!!! I just had to laugh when I saw those pics. Admirable!

Jill said...

Oh my snow!! You can keep it, lol. I just blogged today about the signs of Spring I am seeing here. Finally it is arriving :-)Hope you are doing well and having a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

Baby Sister said...

Lol. Sounds like Utah, only here lately it's been rain. Have fun on your trip!!