Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Going, going…soon gone….

I will be out of town Friday – Sunday. Mike is coming to Minnesota. Well first to Fargo, ND where I will be picking him up from the airport there. The company that is hiring Mike is sending for him so that they can have one last interview which is for Mike to interview them and to see where he’ll be working, what he’ll be doing, what the pay is, schedule is and to meet the team he’ll be working with. He’ll be doing this Saturday morning and than when he’s done and settled with them we are going to go apartment shopping. He needs to find a place to live that is reasonable and nice. He’s set up a couple of viewing and has a couple more phone calls he has to make to set up some times. After he knows when he starts and such he can settle on a place to live and start to make a life for himself. He goes back to Laramie on Sunday and than in 10 days I will be flying down for graduation. Do you guys remember how devastation it was when he left and went to school? It will be exactly one year on graduation day and we made it. I made it…I was positive I wasn’t going to, I had given up all hope about lots of stuff including me but now that this part has just about ended and I didn’t curl up and die and Mike has made me more proud then I could of imagined we both have new lives to work on.

I wrote back when Mike left I wasn’t sure how life with Jim would be since we had grown apart in so many ways. Well I had worried and didn’t need to. Jim loves me and it was me that grew differently. I was a mama and that was my main focus and looking back it shouldn’t of been but I can’t change that but am so happy that Jim waited for me to come back. In a couple of weeks we will celebrate out 33 anniversary and I am hoping for at least that many more.

I wrote back when Mike left that I couldn’t go on. Mike was my everything and life evolved around him. I still find it hard to do some things without him but I’m learning. I am planning my first BWCA trip without him and though I know I will miss him and his support and caring I am thinking I can do this.

I wrote back when Mike left that I could care less if the garden thrived, if the lawn was taken care of, if the house was cleaned, if life went on but it all did. The garden grew with just a little TLC, the lawn got mowed many times with me crying on the mower but it got done, the house isn’t the cleanest at times but Jim now does laundry and he fixes dinners on Sunday, life went on and I learned.

An empty nest is still not all it’s cracked up to be but it’s manageable now. Soon Mike will be 125 miles from home instead of 1000 miles away. He will have a life of his own and I too will learn more about being an empty nester.

Having an empty nest isn’t the end of the world, came close but it’s not. However I am so happy Mike will be closer. Close enough that if he’s off for a couple of days he can come home. Close enough that if I’m off a day and he’s off we can get together and do stuff. Close enough that if he wants when I plan my next BWCA trip maybe he’ll be able to come too.

14 days until graduation…..God I am so very proud of the man Mike has become. I am proud of the mama I have grown into. I am proud of the husband I have that loved me no matter what and waited for me to come back to him. I can be all with lots of learning and love along the way.

So this will be my last post until I get back on Monday. I will do an update on the 100 day challenge, on the completion of week 4 and the beginning of week 5. And mostly of Mike and his new adventure in life.

Blessings my friend. Have an excellent rest of the week and a blessed and restful weekend.

P.S. I went to the doctor and I have a sinus infection, allergies and will be taking a couple different types of meds to get rid of this. Also Terri is bringing me some nettle tea tinctures and some essential oils to breath in to relax my nose to start to heal. I hope all of this will help and make the visit with Mike healthy and when I do get on that plane that my ears won’t be bothering me any more. I’m hoping cuz right now I am miserable.

5 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

So many changes, Julie. I can't believe it has already been a year since Mike moved away. I've lost some time. I know you are very happy that he is moving closer to home. I will be an almost empty nester soon and I'm not looking forward to it but I will be okay. Some things just have to be accepted and this is one of them. I hope you will take care while you are away. Hugs.

Caron said...

You've come a long way, Julie. Some things are so much harder than others to handle, but you're doing great. Mike is a lucky man to have you as a mom. :)

Betty W said...

I agree with Caron. You've come a long way and have grown into your situation. I'm so glad you and Jim have grown closer.
Hope you have a wonderful time with MIke and find an awesome place for him to live.
Hugs, from bEtty

gracies tough journey said...

I am so proud of you! Mike is such a wonderful young man.

Baby Sister said...

You have come a long way, Julie. I'm proud of you, as I'm sure Mike and Jim are as well. :)