Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Have arrived...and no way am I flying again....and the puke bags are big enough to catch it all!

So 3:10 came very early this morning after not sleeping for the night but hey, it's a great cause, I'm seeing Mike today.
I did awesome all the way to the cities. I talked to Mark, he kept my mind occupied, and we had a good visit. The minute he pulled up to the airport I started to cry and shake. I still jumped out of the truck and walked in....about 10 feet and then sorta hide behind some big metal machine. It took me 10 minutes to get myself together and than called Jim and told him I want to come home. There were enough hours left before tomorrow graduation to drive out. Of course he said "NO!!!" you are going and you will see Mike in 8 hours. UGH!!!! It was hard but me and my big girl panties walked up to the gate and did our thing, went to security and just told them I haven't a clue, just walk me through it and then went and walked 3.28 miles waiting for my flight. I paced, I worried, I bought a $2.75 bottled water and they called and I drag my feet. I was the last one to get on the plane.

It was tiny, nothing like what I expected except what was I expecting? Something like we see on TV I suppose. I sat with a nice young lady who help me understand this sound and that sound and what to expect next and why does it take so long to get above the clouds, we don't fly above the clouds....I glanced out the window once in awhile and then put my music on and promptly fell asleep for 1/2 of the flight which means other then taking off and landing and the bumpy ride which really I liked because it almost felt like a car ride then, it was okay. I didn't like the up and down, kind of like a gentle roller coaster (however I thought it was a terrible roller coaster until....). Got to Denver and my connecting flight ended up way on the other side of the terminal but it was also perfect timing cuz I went potty and came out and loaded onto a sardine can. In fact I'm pretty sure the sardines in their can have more room. Anyhow, This became the trip to cement the fact I am NEVER EVER going to fly again. Thank God for those little throw up bags. I wasn't sure they'd be big enough but they are. I got sweaty, clammy, cold, hot, pukey, cried, headache, and could only hold my head and pray that they flight would just hurry. It was like riding the Wild Thing at Valley Fair. ICK!!! Oh my God...(and I don't say that ever)...it was horrible, terrible, rotten and it is now 4 hours later and I am still yucky feeling. NOPE, NEVER going to happen again. Got to Laramie and had to wait for Mike to get out of school and come and get me and boy even though I saw him a couple weeks ago for his interview and such it was the best face in the whole world. The hugs made me feel better and just being on the ground was perfect.

When things settled down we took Tyler, Mike's friend out for lunch and now I am sitting in our motel room while Mike does his sign out at school and then we are going over to another friend for a visit. We decided to stay in Laramie until Friday morning and then head home because Mike has to stop in Fergus Falls to sign the lease on his apartment. So might as well drag out butts just a bit and see this place one last time before he goes home 

I am happy the plane ride is over and our visit and graduation and trip is yet to come. It will be perfect and fun and great to spend the next two weeks with Mike before he starts his new career.

So my friends, I'm not sure if there will be a post tomorrow night or not but if there is I will have so much to share with you.

Thank you so much for your prayers today. I arrived in one piece and learned what it's like to fly in smaller aircraft. I say never, ever but .... well just maybe if the plane is as huge as a mansion it isn't so bad to fly. I just know for sure, sardine cans are not to be flying in and the next step up, the spam can...it isn't a whole lot better.

Take care my friends and have an awesome weekend. 

Blessings!!!!

12 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm glad you got there safely, Julie. I am not much of a flyer either. I wasn't sick but I had a migraine and it was stormy and shaking us all over the sky. I was so glad to get home.

Angela Pea said...

Oh Dear! It sounds like you had an exceptionally rough flight. Even in the little planes, it isn't usually that bad. Glad you made it safely!! Enjoy Graduation!!

Caron said...

Poor Julie. :( I just find flying incredibly boring and want it to be over. My youngest daughter is like you and HATES to fly. So glad you are getting to see Mike.

WWSuzi said...

Glad you made it there! Now enjoy your trip :)

Unknown said...

All's well that ends well:)

Kim said...

Lol! Like your grannie said...you know! Well, you can drive...have a great time and we'll talk next week!

gracies tough journey said...

SO proud of you!!!!!. I am such a big baby when it comes to flying... I hate it! But I am happy you with your young man. Well done~ Gracie

Debsdailylife said...

Youre amazing!! Overcoming your fears and doing it!!!
Have a wonderful time with Mike!! And safe travels home!!

Kyra said...

Wow, so sorry the flight was so hard for you! have a wonderful time with Mike!

Michele said...

Sorry about the bad experience. I bet it was so worth it and you were beaming when your Mike walked across the stage!!

Shawn said...

Oh Julie,
I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. Once I'm in the air, I love to fly. I will be flying to Greece on May 25th, I can't remember exactly but i think its about 14 hours total!

Baby Sister said...

Oh dear. I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. I got nauseous on our flight to Texas last week, the turbulence was awful, I had a headache, I hadn't eaten a big breakfast, and I only had 3 hours of sleep. But I normally don't get sick on airplanes, so it doesn't bother me. I hope, if you do fly again, your experience will be better.