Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday check in (week 4) and the 1st day of a 100 day challenge…

So my weight is down once again and I can say with happiness in my voice I am in onederland and plan on staying there. I spent the full week in onederland as low as 196 and as high as 199.2 and this morning I am 198.9. Now I wasn’t going to stand on the scale more times then just once a week but to see the scale on the right side of the 1’s I just had to check it a few times. So from 206.6 to 198.9 in 4 weeks, not bad and a good start.

I am sick though. I don’t know if allergies or a cold or what but trying to breath has been a huge issue. Not the lungs, they do fine if I give them enough air, it’s the nose that is either as runny as a faucet left on or so plug tight that even swallowing hurts my ears and throat. My nose makes Rudolf's look like a dim light blub and it hurts. Thank goodness for Terri’s special healing creams because at least when I use it before bed it’s much better in the morning. My head hurts, my eyes run, my ears itch and hurt. Time to see the doctor? It’s expensive and this month is an expensive month with this weekend in North Dakota and Fergus Falls with Mike and than 10 days later in Laramie, Wyoming at graduation. However I don’t want to be sick for all of this too. I wonder what the doctor can give me to make it better or will he just say it’s a very long lasting cold and it’ll go away eventually and I will have spent the $65.00 for nothing. Self medicating isn’t working. The nasal sprays, the allergy pills, the cold tablets. I’m going to see if Terri has something that will help too. She’s a herbologist (I really don’t know the real name but she can do magic with the greens of the earth) and usually has something that can help me. But I need help now. I’m miserable and even hated shopping yesterday, I picked up a few things but really didn’t care what. Milk, tomatoes, broccoli, cold cereal, sliced chicken and cat food. Not to much to work with this week but will make due. I came home and crawled into bed for a couple of hours. Oh well, it can’t last forever…whatever I decide.

I did have a blast on Saturday in Wisconsin with the track team. Oh I was a bad bus driver, I didn’t go watch them at all, I went thrift store shopping instead. I did wish them luck and listen to all the tails on the way home. I drove the bus like my car and just went all around Superior. I can parallel park a bus and navigate it anywhere I wanted to go. Not much different than taking a semi where I wanted to go. I found a Goodwill and a Salvation Army and an antique store. Jim gave me $20.00 to go and eat with but I brought a sandwich with and some craisins so didn’t need to eat out so went and found a buy 1 get 1 free rack and got myself 8 new to me blouses, a new winter/spring/fall suede jacket (it has a liner so can take it out and get more wear from the jacket) and a fleece jacket that is huge but it was .50 and soft so I got that too. I came home with $4.30 so did just fine. I tried them all on and they fit just fine and will work for working and a couple nicer ones for the upcoming trip. I also found the coolest tokens at the antique store that I’m going to make into a few different things and some old keys. Ideas, ideas!!!

My main goal is to get to 180’s and learn to stay there and not gain it back. Which means I have got to learn to plan my meals. I know that’s my main problem because I am getting my exercise in, I’m getting my miles in and my clothes are starting to fit like they are suppose again. However I have got to get back to where I was happy and that means getting my eating under control. So I guess two goals, menu planning and executing and keep having the scale go in the right direction. I need easy, cheap menu ideas. Anyone got some of them?

I wish you all a blessed and awesome week. Here’s to all the good things that can happen along with the stuff that just makes us smarter and stronger. Take care my friends.

blessings

16 comments:

Gaia Wise Ways said...

Ok we've got to get you some stuff so you are all better for your trips. I have tomorrow off...Tues...so can meet you in Crosby. Text or call me.
T

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I'm sorry you are sick, Julie. I hate colds and am a horrible grouchy patient. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hey Julie! I keep trying to email you but it keeps bouncing back. I have two to send you is there a better way to get a hold of you . colie@colieskitchen.com

Betty W said...

Congrats to being in onederland again!! I am on the verge of going over, so I'm glad this challenge came along. Good luck!!
And feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting back to Onederland! Oh to be there someday:-)

Ronalee said...

Great job making it to onederland and staying there. :)

Thank you for mwntioning the100 day challenge. I will enjoy taking the journey with you, my friend.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on dropping below 200, that's great!

Debsdailylife said...

Im so glad you found those clothes!!! Sounds like a wonderful day!!! AND congrats on 100s!!!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog through Marc's blog. Congrats on onderland and your mileage of walking and running

Angela Pea said...

Happy Dance Time!!! Ooooh, I'm so PROUD of you, Julie! You're working really hard and it's paying off!

Shawn said...

Hey girl, you Rock! Congratulations and good luckmon the 100 Day Challenge. I hope you feel better soon.

WWSuzi said...

Ugh I've been having sinus issues lately :(
Hope you find some relief!
Good luck on your 100 day challenge.

Empty Nester said...

My allergies are getting to me too although the oil pulling really does help keep them to a tolerable level. Without oil pulling, I'd be miserable. Sounds like you had a great time at the track meet. LOL I would have probably done the same thing! We've got a busy/expensive month this month and next. It never stops, does it? Have a great day!

Jill said...

Great job on your weight loss! Proud of you ! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hey Julie, I hope you are feeling better. I never did determine if you make it over to our facebook group or not because of the email issues. Even emailing your in response to the email you sent me would bounce back. I am assuming your email didn't like mine lol. If you are not part of the facebook group yet and want to be let me know and I will send you the request. Don’t Forget! The 100 day challenge week 1 Friday Round up will post at 5am cst. at www.colieskitchen.com I hope to see your Friday link up!

Baby Sister said...

I'm sorry you're sick, but I'm glad you had a good time to yourself doing some shopping for you!! That is always important. :)