Sunday, April 14, 2013

My guy and our adventurous weekend….

2013-04-13_07-21-17_840

0413130945a

Mike when he found out he got the job!!! Look at that smile

This is Mike’s new place of work as of May 13th. He was hired with a good salary and benefit package. He is beyond happy to be hired even before he graduates and exactly what he wanted. It’s all awesome. I was invited to go to breakfast with Mike’s new bosses and than got to tour the place and hear about what they work on, what they do and also most importantly they are a very family oriented family business. Mike is guaranteed a 40 hours week every week and over times during busy season so he will have a regular paycheck that will make, making a living possible. We looked for apartments and found two. One that Mike really wants but has to wait a week to see for sure if it will  be opened to him or not and another one that is okay but not perfect like the first. But it’s not bad either. We looked at lots of bads and worse and not so good. We do have one more place to check out on the 27th if these two don’t work out. We’ll just see.

So we did all that and then went back to Fargo for the night because Mike was suppose to leave this afternoon at 3:00. Well if you watch the news you know they, we, are having a snowstorm and his fight first was cancelled and moved to a different time, than another cancellation, and another and another and one more another. So now he leave Monday evening and will get back to school late Monday night. I however couldn’t stay until Monday, I have a job to do and our bus garage is having state inspections Monday and Tuesday so I really needed to be home. So I left Mike at 3:00 and what should of been a 2 1/2 hour trip took me 5 hours at 35 mph. See why…

0414131727b

The roads were horrible but low and slow got me home safe and sound. Now it’s bed time and will see what tomorrow brings. I got sick while gone too, some kind of stomach crap but hoping it was just the stress and excitement and what not and it’ll settle down. At least my cold/allergies are a bit better. I did quit taking my antibiotic today to see if that’s the reason for the stomach upset. We’ll just see.

I am so proud of Mike. So very, very proud.

0413130720a

Blessings my friend!!

9 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Yay!! Congrats to Mike!! That is awesome. Talk about a snow storm!! I'm glad you made it home safe. Feel better Julie!!

WWSuzi said...

Fantastic news!! I really hope it warms up soon.

Angela Pea said...

Happy Dance!! What wonderful, wonderful news - I'm proud of him, too!

Betty W said...

I bet you are. Even I'M proud of him. Way to go Mike!!
Glad you got home safe. Now that is really enough with the snow already!!

Sarah G said...

YAY MIKE!!

So glad you got there and back safely.

Jill said...

Congratulations to Mike !!!! What wonderful news! :-) Wow, those roads were terrible I am so happy to hear you got home safely! Hopefully you will see warm weather and lots of green and colors soon! Have a wonderful Monday!

Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

Congratulations and blessings all around:)

Debsdailylife said...

YEAH!!!! Its all working out!!!!

Michele said...

He has a bright future! I know you are very proud of him.

Yea, winter just does not want to quit in MN...