Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another one for…

My Apple Sauce Muffin recipe.

2 1/2 cups wheat flour (you could add some white to it if you don’t want your muffins so heavy but I like the heavy because you know your done after just one)

1/2 cup oat bran

1 Tlb Cinnamon

1 Tlb Apple Pie Spice

2 tsp Baking Soda

1/4 cup olive oil

1 cup honey (or you could use sugar or sugar substitute)

2 eggs (we raise our own so I know what’s in them but you could use egg whites or an egg substitute if you wanted too)

3 cups apples sauce (for this I use my own and I make my apple sauce a bit different. I just core the apples, put them in the food processor and puree the heck out of them..skins and all…you can’t tell the skins are on in the muffins and think of the fiber you’re getting)

1 Tlb vanilla

Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and if you want to top with a crumble top made from flavored oatmeal and a pat of butter melted. Bake for 350* for 20 minutes and you’ll get 30 muffins. I made some little ones too for those quick pick me up snacks.

I tried to figure out the calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber and the closest I come to is this…

1 muffin, Calories 80, Fat 0.2g, Carbs 16.9g, Protein 1.5g, Fiber 8g

100_4184

Enjoy my friends. Blessings!!

5 comments:

Betty W said...

Sounds really good!

Caron said...

The recipe sounds delicious but no matter how heavy, I would not be able to stop at one. Sad but true. :(

Empty Nester said...

Wow. I just did some catch up reading here. You weren't kidding around when you said there was flooding. Holy Cow! Hope everything is going to be ok. Love your pictures of the trip and the video of the dogs seeing Mike! That was awesome! Hope you're doing better! I'm thinking of you!

Michele said...

I like that they are made with honey. We have bees at our hobby farm land, so I enjoy using honey in cooking.

Baby Sister said...

Hmmm, those look yummy!!