Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Minnesota funny…had to share…

Cold is a relative thing ya know....

At 65 degrees, Arizonans turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.
At 60, Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.
At 50, Italian & English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down..
At 40, Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.
At 35, New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.
At 20, People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close their windows.
At 0, Californians fly away to Mexico . People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.
At 10 below zero, Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.
At 20 below, Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.). People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.
At 30 below, Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.
At 40 below, ALL atomic motion stops. People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold enough for ya, eh?"
At 50 below, hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.

Have a blessed evening.

P.S. No chips, no candy just banana’s and flour. YEAH!!!

11 comments:

E. Jane said...

Great post! As a fellow Minnesotan, I want to say that I just started wearing my winter today. We're the 11th coldest city in the U.S., according to the latest reports. We're also tough here, and coats are a nuisance! When the body gets chilled, it's supposed to burn more calories. Never worked that way for me! Keep warm, Julie.

Michele said...

And as another Minnesota, I wore for the first time my size 16 (!!) new flannel lined jeans with a great velveteen button down shirt. I was toasty warm. Love me some warm and cozy clothes! I walked 2.5 miles, to, in 15 degree weather with my dog.

I love snow so sorry you do not have any yet. It is Christmas like!

Julie said...

I hate winter coats too. So I have yet to wear one. I'll wear a sweatshirt and my spring/fall jacket.
I do wear a hat and mittens though.
Take care ladies.
Hey, Jane...I can't access your blog...is that right? or just me?

Flying high in the sky.... said...

what a lovely post!!!!! it made me smile smile smile !! :) Minnesota seems interesting!! haa..haa..

Anonymous said...

I'm originally from WNY, land of lake effect snow. (I remember walking to school through snow that came up to my armpits.)

I moved to GA about six years ago. I've completely lost my yankee edge. I'm looking from my fleece jacket at 65*.

Maren said...

Haha, I loved this! I grew up with winters so bad we had -13F and more. Cold enough for me!

Betty W said...

Ha!! This is so funny. I´m not used to cold, but I could turn it around and use it for some high/hot temps. We are used to 110 - 120°F in the summer down here. :)

http://bltnever.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, neighbor. South Dakota feels the same way. I have family in Arizona and when I go visit them, they are 'freezing' at 50. I am wearing capris and a tee shirt during that time, thinking how great and warm it is! LOL

Caron said...

Yep, it's all relative. Here in Arizona I've seen people walking at 60 degrees wearing hats and down jackets. And, they are spending time warming up their cars.

In Florida we watched the tourists swimming in February knowing that if they decided to stay, they would be shivering along with us the next year. :)

Of One Heart said...

Have you always lived in Minnesota, Julie?

Baby Sister said...

Lol. This had me cracking up!! Very nice, very nice. :)