Friday, January 11, 2013

School cancelled, activities cancelled…so much I could be doing but….

I never ever have a day to do nothing. Well so far today I’ve been up since 5 and I’ve done……nothing. Oh I’m dressed, washed, combed and brushed but not even the chickens are done or the fire. I’ll get there, just not yet.

It really is strange not going anywhere’s when I am never home any more and when I am home I’m sharing it with 4-6 kids. It’s quiet, and dreary and …. well did I say quiet?

I haven’t a clue to what’s on TV and I really don’t want to spend the day in front of it anyways, or my computer but so far well it’s been both.

I did find something I want to do today though. My daddy loves soup and with all the weight he’s lost and how life is not treating him fairly I think I’ll make him a big batch of homemade chicken noodle soup along with my first ever attempt at homemade noodles. I got a recipe today in my in box from a really cool lady that has some really awesome recipes so I’m going to give that a shot. I also made some chicken chunks this week that Jim loved so even though I’m trying my best to be good I’m making sure others are taken care of.

My mama, I know it’s been awhile since I’ve talked about her, has healed very nicely from her broken collar bone and doesn’t even need to go back for rotator cuff help. She has always healed well and continues to do that which is awesome on top of all that has happened. My sister isn’t doing well but still just hanging in there. She can not keep her balance and keeps falling and is losing her sight in her good eye. I’m not sure where this will all end up but I did talk to my mom and dad about it and I see in the future some assistive living for her. She’ll be able to keep her independence but someone will be there to help her when she needs it. Now it’s my daddy’s turn to have the aging issues. I took him to the doctor this past week because there are some great issues with his weight loss (down to 157.2 from 220 a couple years ago and no he’s not trying). He’s also worried, along with us, about his memory problems and not able to focus on things. There are other things going on too but we’ll just see what the doctor comes up with after all the tests that he’s called for. We’ll know more on the 29th. My grandma, daddy’s mama, has called worried about him too and mama because she knows they need each other and she’s worried because you know a mama isn’t suppose to outlive her children. So it’s a handful but a day at a time handful.

Well you know, I started this post about 10 this morning and now it’s 1 but I have manage to get a few things done. The soup is ready for me to make the noodles. The dryer is running, the dishwasher is ready to go and next is vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom but I just noticed Extreme Home Make Over is on and even though it’s a 2009 episode I haven’t seen it so think I’ll take a break and go see what they do and who they help. I really do enjoy that show when I’m able to see it.

Take care my friends. I know this is a strange, hopping around, misc blog post but wanted to at least check in. Blessings you all!!

5 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

Bummer that school was cancelled (Because that means either snow or ice. eeeww) BUT a day at home! WONDERFUL!!!

Unknown said...

A day at home is wonderful.... Glad you enjoyed it by not doing a hole bunch :)

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Hi, Julie. What a treat to have a day to do nothing. I have a lot of those days because I rarely feel like doing anything. I'm hoping some magic fairy will dust me with magic sparkles and give me the will to get off my widening butt. So far, nothing is happening.
Thanks for coming around to lend support, dear. I wouldn't make it without you and a few other blogging friends.

Empty Nester said...

I can't believe you had a day off! I think that's why you couldn't figure out what to do- it took you by surprise. Shock does that to people. LOL I will keep your precious family in my prayers. I hope that all will be fine. I wonder if trying a visit to a nutritionist might help some? Hugs to you!

Baby Sister said...

That's awesome that you were able to just have a day to relax, Julie. And I'm glad you did it!! Serving others is good, but you need to serve yourself too. I love Extreme Home Makeover too. It always makes me cry. :)