Monday, October 15, 2012

THE MOVING FORWARD MARY-THON™!

Our motto is:  FINISHING = WINNING!   When you finish your Mary-thon – you are truly a WINNER!!!!

Do you remember Project Linus? Mike’s eagle project and more? I just received their monthly newsletter and there’s always some super cool things going on, ideas and more and this issues has the more I am interested in. If you click on any of the links I provided you’ll see a lot of background on this so you’ll understand my excitement on doing something for them and also for me.

$10.00 of the registration fee goes to Project Linus which is awesome, especially if we can get a whole bunch of you joining us.

Here’s a little information for you if you’d like to join me in this endeavor.

Meet Mary:

Hi! My name is Mary Balagna and I am the “Mary” of the Mjoving Forward Mary-thon

WHAT IS A MARY-THON?  A Mary-thon is a 26 WEEK fitness program where YOU set a fitness goal, YOU decide what type of exercise(s) you are ABLE to do, YOU commit to exercise throughout the 26 weeks and I (Mary) provide you with the inspiration, motivation and applause along the way.  

WHAT DO I GET FOR MY REGISTRATION FEE? Which is $39.50  You receive the Moving Forward Mary-thon™ Workbook, aluminum water bottle, tracking sheet, racing bib and pledge when you start, motivational e-mails, blog and Facebook updates throughout your journey, personal encouragement as needed, and a beautiful finishers medal and certificate when you finish!

WHAT EXACTLY DO I NEED TO DO? Regular exercise means 30 minutes per day, 5 days per week (for the Full Mary-thon) or 3 days per week (for the Half Mary-thon) for 26 week. Walking, running, weight lifting, elliptical, yoga, Zumba, stair stepping, swimming, etc. are just a few of the many ways you may want to try. The best part is that if you cannot exercise for 30 minutes straight, you are allowed to break up your workout into manageable increments (5-10 minutes each) as you build your endurance, energy level and strength.  You MUST report your progress to Mary along the way.

This all starts January 1st and goes for 26 weeks. It takes 66 days to form a habit. Can you imagine what you can do in 182 days?

I’m going to start next week. As you know this week isn’t exercise friendly (well at the gym anyways) but next week it is. I know I’m starting early but I’m going to pay my registration fee this week and what better time to get started then right away. And with a workbook to keep my progress in (when it comes) I can see what I’m doing.

Would you like to join me in this great cause for Project Linus and you?

Click here to read about it....Click here to register....Click here to read about Project Linus….

What do you say?

Blessings my friends!

3 comments:

Mary C. Balagna said...

Thanks for the GREAT endorsement Julie! 2013 will be our 3rd year for the Moving Forward Mary-thon. We have had much success - and those who have participated have improved their health, their stats (BP, Weight, Cholesterol, etc.)and especially their physical capabilities and endurance. You get a BEAUTIFUL Finishers medal when you finish AND...as you said, Project Linus gets $10 for each registration. We're so happy to have you join us and would love to invite anyone interested to check us out at www.marython.net. January 1, 2013 the starting gun goes off but you can start any time during 2013 as long as there are 26 weeks left in the year. I have had health and weight struggles as well (detailed in the workbook) but it's been almost 8 years that I made some MAJOR life changes and truly changed my life. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Keep Moving Forward!
Mary (E-mail: mary@marython.net)

Shannon said...

While I won't be signing up for this, I think it's a GREAT idea! :)

I just spent $155 last night signing up for my 1st ever half marathon in Feb.!!! :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Michele said...

HI, Julie,
This sound s like a great idea. I hope loads of people join up. I will not be joining this time. I have my own exercise regime that is working well. I am going to focus on some different exercise bursts over winter though. Michele