Wednesday, June 5, 2013

For my friend….

100_1138

Sue is Mike’s retired Scout Master and has taught Mike and I just about everything we ever need to know about canoeing and a lot of know how for the BWCA. While I was in Superior Wisc for an activity I got to go to an antique store and while looking around I found this little box of tokens. I would of loved to take the whole box home but they were a buck a piece so I spent a good 30 minutes going through the box and found 4 tokens. This is one of the, it says Susie Q and my Sue has a canoe she calls Susie Q so I had to get the token. At the time I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with it but than I found a canoe charm and then my mind started working. So this is what I came up with. I’m going to take it to her today and hopefully brighten up her day a little bit.

Sue’s husband is dying so even though you guys don’t know her could you please say a prayer for them. He’s on hospice now and taking morphine for pain and we know it’s just a matter of time. So a pray of peace for them would be awesome.

blessings

6 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I am so sorry your friend and her family is going through this... That necklace she will love for sure! so sweet and that Susie Q charm was definitely meant for you to find.

Sarah G said...

Positive thoughts for you, Sue, and her husband in this sad time!

Debsdailylife said...

Prayers!!! That necklace is absolutely gorgeous!! You have an amazing gift!!!

Baby Sister said...

Love the necklace. :) I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

Empty Nester said...

LOVE it! And so will she! I will keep them in my prayers.

Michele said...

Hi, Julie,
I like the jewelry that you made for your friend. You are so creative. I also love The camper you bought! The inside looks fabulous. How fun to be ready to camp at a moment's notice. Are you going out camping with your mom and dad? Also like mike's new car. His new life is taking shape nicely. Have a great weekend! Michele