Sunday, September 16, 2012

What’s up…

 100_0298100_0297 

100_0301100_0302

Apple/rhubarb sauce. I think the best I’ve made yet. It’s lightly sweetened and healthy for us.

                0915121037a

Finished my mama’s sewing room. I love this final touch. It looks amazing on her all and it just gave the room the right feel.

 0916121533a 0916121546a

0916121641a 0916121804a

We went fishing today. For the first time in many, many years I caught my limit. It really was an awesome time out today. I’m not a filet person though so it takes a few pretty good size fish to get me enough for dinner. Tonight I just fixed it with 1/2 tsp of butter and some garlic pepper seasoning. It tasted so good. Then I had some of my apple/rhubarb sauce for dessert.

I’ve been trying to come up with some low calorie, low fat, low carb recipes. Tonight I made a blueberry bread. I made it in a regular bread pan and it comes out like this… 129 a piece (that’s cutting the loaf into 8 slices), 27 carbs and1 fat. 8 slices aren’t to small a piece but not a meal full either. What I’m trying to come up with is a take it with me breakfast. I still need to try and get the carbs down. I don’t know how yet but will keep trying.

I also made a new chicken recipe from an old one I found. This ones pretty good too. Baked chicken that tastes awesome according to Jim. I only ate the chicken without coating because of the extra stuff I don’t need.

For a 4oz skinless chicken breast it’s 274 calories, 23 carbs and 11 fats (the fats are the better for you kind, made with olive oil). However the carbs are still up there because of the flour coating.

So I have a question, what’s flax seed? I bought a bag of it today, suppose to be good for you however I haven’t tried it yet. It’s expensive if you ask me but hear good things so working at it. I’m suppose to bake with it, add it to smoothies and ??? well not sure. I know it’s in the Oat heads oatmeal I like.

100_0300So it’s a new week. I lost a pound plus a touch last week, just over 10 lbs now but it’s not really a loss since I’ve loss this already but soon I’ll be back in virgin territory and can really get to counting. 

Here’s to a new week full of adventures, learning new things and working out butts off. I have a schedule that beyond busy. Like my Monday, work at 7:00 first trip to Brainerd, 8:00 second trip to Brainerd, an hour an a half off to go pick apples with Kim than back to the bus garage for special Olympic bowling practice, 1/2 hour off till drivers meeting, then another trip to Brainerd and then after school activity till 6:00. After all of that a walk with the dogs to go and be the gardener for our neighbors and water their new trees. See why I’m trying to come up with meals on the go or pre-prepared or well I don’t know healthy and easy and filling.

Anyway, I wish you all the best week possible. Here’s to getting healthy, wealthy (or at least making enough to pay the bills and a small start towards the wish list) and wise. Blessings my friends!

7 comments:

Michele said...

Flax seed comes from a plant called linum. It is an ancient plant, but in great demand now because of its high omega 3 & 6 fatty acids(the good kind).

Nice work on a pound off. Have a great week, Julie!

Jo said...

I put the flax seed in yogurt or oatmeal or on cereal. Tastes nutty.

Unknown said...

Fishing always looks so relaxing and fun... when you catch something:-) I love the wall design for your mom's sewing room. Butterflies & dragonflies, I just love them:-) The rhubarb applesauce sounds great & as for flax seeds... you could sprinkle some of those in there even (or blend them up & add them so that it's more of a powder & you don't bite into them while eating the sauce:-). Flax seed can be added to whatever you want really, it doesn't really add too much flavor on its own so it's all good. It's an easy way to add lots of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and it can help lower cholesterol levels.

Baby Sister said...

Hmmm....rhubarb. I really hope we can make rhubarb jam this year!! Good luck with your busy schedule.

Sarah G said...

I wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to can! I find it too intimidating to try by myself.

Jordan said...

Ideas for breakfasts that you can take with you:
#1 - hard boiled eggs! I love them, and they're so easy to travel with and only 75 calories each!
Also, apples, oranges, grapefruits (I eat grapefruits like oranges).
Thick pepperoni slices (I buy the big stick and cut it up)
Carrots
nuts,
string cheese,
home-made beef jerky
deli lunch meat, like ham or turkey.

You can weigh it all out and put it in baggies so you know how many calories you're eating.

You can see that I go for protein because it's filling. I also like things that have a lot of flavor so I really know I've eaten something and I don't want to keep eating.

Good luck!

Debsdailylife said...

http://www.healthyflax.com/flax-recipes/

Youre looking so good!!! Loving that fishing pic of you and Jim!! YOu look so relaxed!!!