Thursday, August 2, 2012

oh look what I found….

And it’s only 6 miles from my house. I am so excited!

Picture

Race Date: August 11th 2012
Check in - 0745-0845
Race Time- 0900 Sharp
Location- Deerwood Fire Station (under water tower)

Where the money goes:
We are the largest 5K race on the Cuyuna Range. All proceeds help support the Deerwood Fire Relief Association, an organization that supports the mission of the Deerwood Fire Department and provides financial and manpower support to many community events and organizations. Crosby- Ironton High School students also directly benefit from our fundraising through team and club donations and a scholarship program.

This is also the same weekend at Deerwood Summerfest so I’m planning on being there anyways. I’ll just go early and see what I can do. I’m going to ask my daycare big girl to join me and maybe my best friend will too. We’ll see but you know what, I’ve grown enough lately that I think I can do this on my own too. It’s time.

Just had to share.

Blessings!!!

3 comments:

Fit Mommy said...

What an awesome event. Good luck. You can totally do this on your own.

Rochelle said...

Yey Julie - good for you! Good luck - that race is right around the corner!

Debsdailylife said...

What an awesome find!!! AND for a great cause too!!! I LOVE to do races for a good cause/benefit!!!